Student visa division

A guide to your student visa at Payap University

Before coming to Thailand

How to apply for a student visa

First week in Thailand

Your first days at Payap University

Keeping your visa

How to keep your student visa

Student visa in Thailand

A “Non-O” Educational visa allows you to stay and study in Thailand.  Also called a Non-immigrant “ED” visa

Help with your student visa



  • Visa service form          student requesting visa extensions
  • TM.7                                visa extension
  • TM 8                                re-entry
  • TM.47                             90-day notification
  • TM.30 (landlord)           receipt of notification

Important documents

  • passport (you will need photocopies)
  • departure card
  • photos (e.g. 4 x 6 cm)
  • proof of student status
    • registration
    • receipts (e.g. fees)
  • proof of residence

Chiang Mai Immigration (Main) Office

The main Immigration Office in Chiang Mai is close to Chiang Mai airport (see map below).

Please respect the  staff at the immigration office by dressing smartly and being polite, thank you.

What Our Students Have to Say

“We have to maintain our student status to study in Thailand so it is probably the most important thing you need to do.”
– Payap student

“It can seem confusing but there are people at Payap that can help you – I suggest that you ask for help when you need it.”
– Payap student
“You guys are doing a great job down there, I realy appreciate it.”
– IT student, From USA
“That’s true, visa department has been giving incredible services. thank you.”
– IC student

Visa division

Monday to Friday 1.00 PM – 3.30 PM

Room PC116 ,  International programs Building, Mae Khao Campus