student visa

first week in Thailand

payap university

When you come to Thailand

Your first week in Thailand there are some requirements by Thai law

You will need

  1. the TM 6 “departure card”
  2. your landlord submitted form TM 30
  3. Receipt of notification of residence

What happens next?

  • At first, you will be given a short-term (3 month) visa.
  • You will need to extend this visa before the 3 months ends
  • ask for help if you require any assistance


TM 6 departure card

  • Keep the TM 6 “departure card” stapled into your passport
  • You will need photocopies of this for other forms in the future

TM 30 landlord form

Have your landlord submit form TM 30, which informs the government of a foreigner in residence.

notification of residence

Also keep this form stapled in the back of your passport.

Need help with your application?

Speak to:
Visa Services
International Affairs
Payap University

Phone: (+66) 53 241 255 (extension) xxxx
Office: PC116

help with your student visa

Students need to submit required documents 4-5 weeks before the visa expires

TM 30

What is a TM30? Proof of where you live

Do I need a TM30? Yes

How do I get a TM30?
Living at Payap University

  • Contact the dormitory manager
  • They will complete everything online
  • You get the receipt at the Thai Immigration Office

or, not living at Payap University

  • Contact the owner of your residence

TM 30 advice

  • Staple the TM 30 receipt in your passport
  • Student require the original TM30 receipt for
    • Visa extension
    • New visa
    • 90-day reporting
  • Leaving the country?
    • You have 24 hours to update your TM30 at the Thai immigration Office

90 day reporting

What is 90 day reporting?  You must report to Thai Immigration to show where you live

Do I get told the date of my next 90-day report? Yes

Do I have to wait until day 90? No

  • Online you report between 1 and 2 weeks before
  • Go to the Thai Immigration Office before the 90th day

What if I do not report on time? Fines or imprisoned


  • Visa service form          student requesting visa extensions
  • TM.7                                visa extension
  • TM 8                                re-entry
  • TM.47                             90-day notification
  • TM.30 (landlord)           receipt of notification

Chiang Mai Immigration Office

Close to Chiang Mai airport

Please respect the  staff at the immigration office by dressing smartly and being polite, thank you.

Admissions Center for all of your application and admissions needs.

Visa information for new and existing students at Payap Uinversity

Student Center for all of your application, studies and campus needs, including visa information, study abroad and other opportunities.

You may want to know the background of the University. Here we look at everything from the mission, beliefs, history to the current president.

Office of International Affairs