How to apply for a student visa
Before you come to Thailand
You must get a “Non-O” Educational visa before you enter Thailand. You cannot enter Thailand on a tourist visa and then change to a student visa.
You will need
- A Visa Letter from Payap University
- A valid passport
- Visa application form
What happens next?
- At first, you will be given a short-term (3 month) visa.
- You will need to extend this visa
- during your time as a Payap University student
- you need to maintain student status (hours, registration etc.)
Visa Letter from Payap University happens after you are accepted to a program and pay tuition deposit
there must be a certain amount of blank pages and time left before it expires
visa application form
- Apply for an educational “ED” visa from the Thai embassy in your country or a Thai embassy in another country outside of Thailand
- visit the embassy website to find out what documents you need
- For example:
- copies of passport pages,
- passport photos,
- proof of financial capability,
- letter of acceptance,
- letter of guarantee,
Need help with your application?
help with your student visa
What is a student visa?
- To study in Thailand you need a Non-immigrant visa.
- Sometimes called an “ED” visa, or Non-immigrant “ED” visa
- Apply outside of Thailand
- Valid for 90 days before an extension is required
- Students must study for 15 hours per week or more
How to get a student visa for Thailand ('non-immigration ED visa')
- Apply for a course
- Get the Acceptance letter
- Apply for the visa
- Extend after the first 90 days
- Report every 90 days
What if I am in Thailand? You will need to leave Thailand and apply for the student visa in another country
What if I am Married? You will need your marriage certificate
What if I have children? You will need birth certificates of your children
Speak to the visa division if you require help
Admissions Center for all of your application and admissions needs.
Visa information for new and existing students at Payap Uinversity
Student Center for all of your application, studies and campus needs, including visa information, study abroad and other opportunities.
You may want to know the background of the University. Here we look at everything from the mission, beliefs, history to the current president.